Certification Transfer Program
What is the Certification Transfer Program?
The Alliance Certification Transfer Program offers companies one more path to joining the Alliance ecosystem of Certified Products. The program enables the Alliance Participant and Promoter members to offer their Certified Products to customers for re-branding/white labeling while maintaining the Zigbee Certified status of those products.
For existing members
Participants and Promoters can now offer a Zigbee Certified product to a customer and allow the customer to re-certify the product under its company name. Now compatible with products that have been certified using Certification by Similarity.
Participants and Promoters are also eligible to receive a Certification Transfer.
Adopters are eligible to receive a Certification Transfer on a product from a Participant or Promoter company and to re-certify the product under their own company name. Approved products may then carry the Zigbee Certified logo under the Adopter’s company name.
Associates are eligible to receive a Certification Transfer on a product from a Participant or Promoter company and to re-certify the product under their own company name. Approved products may then carry the Zigbee Certified logo under the Associate’s company name.
For new companies
New companies can now easily and affordably implement Certified Products from Alliance Participant and Promoter member companies, and re-certify these products under their company name. Approved products may then carry the Zigbee Certified logo under the new company name. This enables the customer to easily enter the IoT marketplace, increasing distribution and sales channels by leveraging existing Certified Products.
Please contact [email protected] with any questions or for more information on joining the Alliance at the membership level that is right for you.
How the program works
Participant and Promoter companies are capable of offering products for certification transfer.
Products for certification transfer must:
- Be an end product
- Be previously certified by the Alliance (Zigbee 3.0, Zigbee Smart Energy, and Green Power devices only)
- Belong to a Participant or Promoter member company
- Be enrolled in the program by a Participant or Promoter Company for certification transfer in the member Certification Web Tool.
Eligible companies applying for certification via the Certification Transfer Program can then apply to re-certify products under their own company name, as long as the product:
- Has not undergone any functional changes* from the originally certified product; and
- Seeks certification under the same program, device type, and device capabilities as the originally certified product
*Only branding or appearance changes to the product packaging, enclosure, and/or user interface are permitted (e.g., acceptable changes include: enclosure color, brand markings, and UI splash screen).
How to join this program and certify a device
Existing Adopter or higher level members can enroll products in the program and apply for Certification Transfer using the Certification Web Tool.
New companies that are not yet Alliance members can join the program by:
- joining the Alliance as an Adopter (or higher level) member – please send a request to [email protected] to get started;
- getting started as an Associate member (see below).
Getting started as an Associate Member
Associate membership is perfect for those wanting to rebrand already certified products while not requiring the additional benefits of higher levels of membership of the Alliance. All Certification Transfer Program applicants must be Alliance members. However, new companies have the option to join the Alliance as Associate members.
- Associate membership does not have an annual membership fee
- Associate members are subject to a separate certification fee structure:
- USD 500 per application
- USD 500 for public listing of the certification at www.zigbeealliance.org (due upon submission of the application)
- USD 500 annual fee for maintenance of the public listing (due annually on the anniversary date of the grant of certification)
Begin by requesting a new account in the Associate Certification Tool:
Please follow the instructions for first-time users.
*Note that Adopter, Participant, and Promoter level members should use the Certification Web Tool, NOT the Associate Certification Tool, to enter certification applications.