Solutions Architect – Asia
Supervisor: Director of Technology
Directly Supervises: N/A
Position Location: Virtual
The Asia Solutions Architect is a key member of the Connectivity Standards Alliance (formerly Zigbee Alliance) Technology Team reporting to the Director of Technology. The Asia Solutions Architect will serve as the Alliance’s technical resource in Asia and help the Alliance understand localization requirements and how those can be supported in the Working Groups.
The Asia Solutions Architect will work with technical organizations in the region to exchange information on Alliance specifications and technologies.
The Asia Solutions Architect assists in the recruitment of targeted Asia Members.
Stakeholders: Working-Group Steering Committees, technical and product Working Groups, CMGC, targeted Asia Members
- Responsible for development and maintenance of key technical documents and support of Asia-based marketing material as well as translations.
- Assist with regional Technical Liaison Agreements.
- Understands and documents differences in the Asia IoT market and communicates these differences back to the Working Groups and Marketing teams.
Industry Events, Training, and Member Outreach
- Act as Connectivity Standards Alliance representative at pre-determined trade shows and public events as appropriate in support of marketing and outreach objectives.
- Assist activities with member volunteers at Member technology days (e.g., company-specific, or regional days).
- Run regional technical training programs, support regional test events and hackfests, with member volunteers, CMGC, on Alliance technologies.
Technical Working Group (TWG) Support
- Serve as technical resource to CMGC
- Assists Asian members with technical questions in the Working Groups.
Targeted Asia Member Support
- Serve as technical point of contact for a few key individual Board Directors and other key member companies as needed.
- Prepare and present monthly updates on standards development and independent assessment of progress.
Alliance Member Support (Regional)
- Support and collaborate on new member orientation sessions (in-person and virtual); help to steer members to the proper contacts and Working Groups to ensure their topical interests are covered.
- Respond to member inquiries regarding Alliance programs and activities that require more attention than the help desk can provide (e.g., technology questions).
- Member Meetings: Synthesize member feedback and integrate into the Member Meeting agenda. Collaborate with the Board of Directors, Marketing, Operations and Member Relations in finalizing the member meeting agenda.
Key Performance Indicators & Responsibilities (SMART)
- Working Group Product Requirements validated by China membership (in addition to CMGC)
- Full Mandarin translation of important Matter Specification Documents as noted by Director of Technology by end of Q3
- Three technical workshops and training programs on technical requirements for Matter held in Mandarin
- One-to-one availability for member consultation on interpreting work-in-progress and published specifications: target ten per month
- Member recruiting and outreach with China Regional Representative: target conversion rate
- Be available for running calls for all Matter TSG Tiger Team calls, especially calls in China time zone
- Provide quarterly and on-demand updates to CMGC on working group roadmaps and product development (in Mandarin)
- Represent Alliance at Industry events in the region
- Proactively seek out speaking engagements at industry and developer conferences