Marketing Manager, Brand Launch
|Reports To||FLSA Status||Last Modified|
|Marketing||Marketing Programs Director||Contracted Full-Time||
03 Oct 2020
This position is for a temporary Brand Manager for the Zigbee Alliance. Together with the Marketing Programs Director and Head of Marketing, the position is responsible for the creation and execution of the messaging, materials and campaigns to promote and develop the Alliance brand and, by extension, its leadership and technology standards. The ultimate measures of success for this role are growth in and retention of Alliance members along with increasingly positive brand exposure, recognition and reputation for the Alliance, its vision and mission.
- Under the guidance of the Head of Marketing, develop overall brand strategy and messaging to differentiate the Alliance; strengthening awareness of and preference for the Alliance and Alliance technologies by consumers, connected tech industry players & stakeholders.
- Identify opportunities to promote the Alliance brand with key target audiences, develop and execute related campaigns and lead the project management thereof.
- Engage as an active leader within the Marketing team and collaborate with other Alliance marketing and product groups, executing both owned and jointly coordinated strategies to increase engagement with and adoption of Alliance standards.
- Effectively represent and convey the Alliance vision, mission and message internally and externally; ensuring the integrity of the Alliance brand is maintained across marketing efforts related to the various technology brands within the Alliance.
- Where required, support efforts related to “cross-technology” messaging and marketing, collaborating with member-colleagues and building advocacy with marketing leadership and the member-driven Marketing Committee.
- Effectively lead and manage external brand agency relationship.
- Set performance objectives, develop metrics and measures to track brand marketing efforts and brand performance. Regularly report on performance status to leadership and Marketing Committee.
- Conduct competitive analyses with other industry brands and make recommendations for changes in brand messaging and tactics to the Marketing leadership groups.
- Manage overall budget allocation for brand activities.
- Create messaging, presentations to promote the Alliance brand in alignment with the external agency brand guidelines recommendations.
- Manage outside agency initiatives (PR and media relations, promotion / events, etc.) for specific brand campaigns / activities.
- Participate in key industry events in support of the Alliance reporting back brand and competitive findings as well as any industry-driven recommendations to the Marketing leadership.
- Successfully communicate and work with marketing team colleagues, the Alliance Marketing Committee and Marketing and Product Sub Groups.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in a related field. MSc / MA is a plus.
- Experience: Five or more years of related experience in technology industry brand marketing or marketing communications; experience managing a category or “umbrella brand” a plus.
- Proven success at launching and managing brands
- Thorough understanding of digital and traditional marketing techniques and methods
- Proven experience managing multiple projects, programs and executive stakeholders
- Creativity and experience developing marketing messaging and omni-channel communications
- Proven experience managing & measuring marketing programs, with key metrics for evaluation and reporting
- Active learning/listening
- Excellent judgment and decision making
- Service orientation
- Proven excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with outside agency management
- Experience with MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point), Adobe Creative or similar, Asana Project Management or similar.
- Proven ability to get work done both with and through others – exceptional and demonstrated influence skills
- Proven success working in a team environment – evidence of successful collaboration.