|Reports To||FLSA Status||Last Modified|
|Marketing||Marketing Programs Director||Contracted Full-Time||
05 March 2021
The Marketing Lead works closely with the Director, Marketing Programs under the Head of Marketing to execute the Alliance marketing and communications strategy, campaigns and events designed to retain, grow and escalate Alliance membership and market leadership. This role will develop and manage marketing campaigns to generate interest in and promote the Alliance’s mission, brands, technologies and solutions.
Overall Alliance marketing includes internal (member) and external communications, brand marketing, digital marketing, social media marketing and amplification, events, analyst & public relations and marketing campaigns. Alliance marketing will also be broadly responsible for brand and reputation management of the Alliance’s organization, technology solution and standards.
Location is flexible.
- Lead and/or support weekly Marketing committee meetings (agenda, slide deck creation, meeting minutes, document management) as required and directed by the Director, Marketing Programs
- Execution of marketing deliverables as defined by committee and Alliance leadership
- Program management functions for Marketing Committees and their respective projects and calendars
- Assist in identifying opportunities to promote the Alliance brand with key target audiences, develop and execute related campaigns and lead the project management thereof. (e.g. technology releases, brand launch, member retention, prospect drip marketing, technology influencer targeting, etc.). Track and measure campaign effectiveness.
- Effectively represent and convey the Alliance vision, mission and message internally and externally; ensuring the integrity of the Alliance brand is maintained across marketing efforts related to the various technology brands within the Alliance.
- Where required, support efforts related to “cross-technology” messaging and marketing, collaborating with member-colleagues and building advocacy with marketing leadership and the Marketing Committee.
- Set performance objectives, develop metrics and measures to track brand marketing efforts and brand performance.
- Conduct competitive analyses with other industry brands and make recommendations for changes in brand messaging and tactics to the Marketing leadership groups.
- Create messaging, presentations to promote the Alliance brand in alignment with the external agency brand guidelines recommendations.
- Coordinate with Europe and Asia regional leads to align on Alliance event and program participation and execution
- Manage execution of Alliance communications outreach (calendar, ongoing email blasts to interest list and other-directed audiences including member groups)
- Targeting, creation and execution of paid digital promotions
- Collateral Development
- Work with appropriate subject matter experts to develop written, electronic and other collateral (e.g., white papers, blogs, one-pagers, other as appropriate to venue and audience)
- Creation and development of Alliance Annual Report
- Direct social media management and updates, including: LinkedIn; Facebook; Twitter; WeChat
- Manage social media communications calendar
- Execute Alliance’s social “amplification” strategy & tactics (e.g.: HootSuite Amplify) to leverage the power of Alliance members
- Maintain metrics to measure reach and impact of social strategy
- Direct the review and update website content
- Manage sourcing and development of blogs, white papers and other online resources
- Track and report analytics for reporting, tracking (web analytics, SEO, etc.)
- 7 years’ experience in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial / start-up environment preferred, with a clear ability to both execute strategically and “roll-up-your-sleeves” when needed.
- Experience with Program and/or Project Management; proven understanding and experience with project management tools and process.
- Thorough understanding of digital and traditional marketing techniques and methods
- Demonstrated technical aptitude and experience with product and brand marketing for technology products
- Exceptional Communication Skills – Written and Verbal
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing/Marketing Communications/Communications or equivalent work experience required.
- Experience with and understanding of marketing tools and technology
- Experience with and knowledge of website design and development, social media marketing, account-based marketing, marketing campaign management
- Knowledge / understanding of IoT technologies, products and markets is preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint required
- Experience with HubSpot, Asana, HootSuite, WordPress, and Adobe Illustrator is preferred